40 Days for Life
• September 22 — October 31. The public centerpiece of the 40 Days for Life campaign is a prayer vigil outside a facility that provides abortion services in your community. It is a peaceful and educational presence. Join us for this campaign, coming to several points across our diocese.
• Time and Location: View details at https://www.sdcatholic.org/event/40-days-for-life/ Cost: Free
October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month
National Domestic Violence Hotline (800) 799-SAFE (7233).
• “Violence against women, inside or outside the home, is never justiϐied. Violence in any form-physical, sexual, psychological, or verbal is sinful; often, it is a crime as well” USCCB, When I Call for Help, 202.
San Diego Diocesan Institute S230 Ecumenism (15 Hours)
• An overview of the different Christian faiths, their differences and common ground with Catholicism; the status of communion between churches and principles for dialogue.
• Wednesdays, October 13 – November 10, 6pm to 9pm at St. Rafael Parish
• To register please call: (858) 490-8212
Family Mass: San Diego
• October 23 at 11:00am, St. Gregory the Great, San Diego 11451 Blue Cypress Drive, San Diego, CA 92131
• October 23 at 11:00am, Our Lady of Guadalupe, El Centro 153 E Brighton Avenue, El Centro, CA 92243
• Contact Belén Olivero at email@example.com or (858) 490-8299.
• Pope Francis has designed the Year of Amoris Laetitia Family, a time to celebrate the ϐive-year anniversary of the landmark Synod on the Family and ensuing apostolic exhortation, “Amoris Laetitia” (The Joy of Love). In the Diocese of San Diego, we also commemorate the ϐive-year anniversary of our own Synod on the Family and the creation of the Diocesan Ofϐice for Family Life & Spirituality. Please join Bishop McElroy and the diocese for a Mass at St. Gregory the Great to celebrate the ϐive-year anniversary of “The Joy of Love” and the movement it inspired to welcome and serve today’s families. The event will include a Family Rosary at 10 AM, a Family Resource Fair, and a variety of fun family activities! In addition to “Celebrating the Joy of Love”, this gathering of families will also be a celebration of returning