Confirmation preparation is a two-year process within the high school years, preparing not only for the sacrament, but also for the youth to become active members of the Catholic Church. The sacrament of confirmation is a strengthening along the way to the true purpose of life-long Eucharistic participation.
Calendar for 2023-24
We will make the official calendar available later in the summer, but here are some important updates:
- We will be meeting more on a weekly basis, averaging around three meetings a month. This allows more flexibility if an evening must be missed.
- The Welcome Session for both parents and teens is September 24, 2023. At least one parent must attend. After Mass at 5pm, we gather from 6pm-7:30pm.
- The first regular Youth Gathering is October 8, 2023. After Mass at 5pm, we gather from 6pm-7:30pm.
- Either dinner or snack will be offered at each gathering, as indicated in the weekly email.
This coming year, we have a weekend retreat, mandatory for confirmation preparation. Please mark your calendars. The dates are as follows:
- Feb 2 – Feb 4, 2024 (fees due by Dec 1, 2023): $225
The retreat fee is $225 (due 12/1), which includes two nights accommodations and five meals.
(Sibling discount: The fee for a second sibling going to the same retreat is $155.)
Youth Ministry Registration Fees
Our Youth Ministry registration fees are for all youth attending the gatherings, including candidates for confirmation.
The fee for Youth Ministry is $175.
Sibling discount: The fee for a second sibling in Youth Ministry is $100.
The link below is for online payment of registration and retreat fees. For example, to pay both the registration fee ($175) and retreat fee ($225) for one youth, the fee amount is $400.
Cash/Check: If you would like to pay by check or cash instead of online, you may do so at the parish office (625 S. Nardo Ave, Solana Beach, CA 92075). If you are in need of a partial scholarship or a payment plan, please contact Pamela Smith at email@example.com.
After payment at the link below, you will receive an email with the registration link for Youth Ministry.
We ask each family to provide at least five hours of volunteer hours to our program each year. The biggest need is helping with the dinners and snack during our youth gatherings. Other opportunities include retreats and other events. Signups will be available. Families anticipating significant volunteer hours may request a fee reduction; contact Fr. George to discuss.