Confirmation preparation is a two-year process within the high school years. This two-year formation process is based on the principles set forth in the National Conference of Catholic Bishops’ document Renewing the Vision: A Framework for Catholic Youth Ministry. Our Confirmation process is not only preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation, we focus on the importance of youth becoming active members of their Catholic Church Community.
REGISTER ONLINE NOW
for Year I & II!
Please note that you should have the following ready:
– Baptism info (must provide a copy of Baptismal certificate some time soon)
– First Communion information (i.e. date & church info)
– Health information of youth (i.e. date of shots, medication & insurance info)
– Emergency Contact Info (someone besides parents)
By clicking, you will be taken to a Google Form.
2020-2021 Confirmation Program:
In addition to their Confirmation session (‘class’), youth are also expected to attend one monthly youth night on the 2nd Sunday of the month. We invite all youth, and their families, to attend the 6PM Mass at St. James every Sunday as this is our Youth Mass (we encourage teens to help serve at this Mass). Candidates will need to complete 10 hours of community service in the parish (at least 5 of these hours must be sponsored by St. James – St. Leo Youth Ministry). Download the Community Service Form.
Year 1 Candidates:
- Meet every first and third Sunday from October 4, 2020 to May 30, 2021 from 7:00PM to 8:45PM.
- Confirmation candidates will also be asked to attend Sunday Mass at 6:00PM.
- Year I Calendar – Coming Soon!
Year 2 Candidates:
- Meet every first and third Tuesday from October 6, 2020 to May 25, 2021 from 6:45PM to 8:30PM.
- Confirmation candidates will also be asked to attend Sunday Mass at 6:00PM, followed by youth night from 7-8:30PM.
- Year 2 Calendar -Coming Soon!
Evangely Aliangan Ward
Director of Youth Ministry
858-755-2545 ext. *114